Another match that Liverpool should have won after a completely dominant performance vs. the Gunners. Both goals looked to be Brad Jones’ fault, but it’s not looking like Rodgers is ready to give him the hook yet either. I know we’re looking for a new goalie, but Mignolet is better, so there’s no reason to keep him wasting away on the bench. Maybe this break has given him some time to think. Let’s give him a second shot. Loved the passion in this game, especially from Coutinho after his first half goal, but the problems remain – we need a new striker (since Sturridge is officially broken) and we need a new keeper. Get to signing Brendan!
Bring on Burnley
It’s Liverpool vs Burnley in a Boxing Day matchup for the ages! Liverpool is coming in HOT to this matchup and only a win will do. Can we keep up the form that we showed in the Arsenal game? Will we revert to the horribleness that was the earlier part of the season? Tune in on Friday at 10:00 am to find out! After that, the Reds return to Anfield when they take on Swansea on Monday, the 29th. Any chance we get 2 wins here? If so, I’m holding out hope for the future.
Around the Interwebs
- Rodgers admits that Balotelli sucks (in a coach-like way of course)
- The future is questionable for a ton of Liverpool players. Take a look at 11 players whose futures are up in the air here
- The will he/won’t he saga continues for Liverpool as no official word on a new goalie has come in and Cech’s agent asks has asked them to put a bid in.
- Possible strikers that could be brought in during the January transfer window.
- After complaints form Rodgers, it looks like the Anfield turf will be replaced this Summer
Happy Holidays to all!