The Reds Roundup – January 8, 2015
Leicester and Wimbledon:
After a disappointing 2-2 draw vs. Leicester (a game they were up 2-0) the story of the game may not have been the soft penalty calls, the blown lead, or even the disappointing result. The story I saw the most of after this game was the generosity of the Reddit user, OfficePlum. After a Leicester supporter was left stranded at the stadium, OfficePlum (no idea what this name is all about) shelled out money for a taxi and hotel so the Leicester supporter and his nephew weren’t stranded in the rain. It’s a great story, and definitely makes you think that there is still some good in the world, even if it’s a world where Steven Gerrard is not wearing the Red of Liverpool.
Fresh off his announcement that he’ll depart the club this summer and head to the sandy beaches of La La Land, Gerrard scored twice for the Reds in their 2-1 win at Wimbledon. For anyone that solely watches the top tier leagues, you really get the feel for why the term, “The magic of the FA cup” was coined.
When you see teams like Liverpool and Manchester United playing in 4,000 and 5,000 capacity stadiums, it really adds a beauty to the game that is not present in the mass capacity stadiums that you see around the world. Who wouldn’t want to be in a small-capacity stadium that is rocking with ride or die supporters from one of the lower leagues when a EPL club heads in to town. While I’m sure tickets to those games are sold out before they are even announced, it’s definitely a treat for those supporters when the top clubs come around. Much respect to the fans and those clubs (but couldn’t be happier that we emerged with the win).
Liverpool vs Sunderland:
Sunderland’s form in the league has been poor and Liverpool’s has been slightly above average, but that’s no reason to take the Black Cats lightly. No idea if Gerrard will be in the lineup, no idea if we’re going to have any signings in January, no idea if Sturridge will be back in January (rumor has it he will). All I know is that we need a W. We need a win like Balotelli needs a kick in the ass. This one is an early one (7:45 at the Stadium of Light) so make sure your DVRs are set if you’re in the States. C’mon you Reds!
Around the interwebs:
- Gerrard to be brought back on loan next year?
- Ochoa out, Neto in. But is he just another Mignolet?
- Origi and Shaqiri could finally be coming in too…or maybe they both aren’t (gotta love transfer rumors).
- Classic Balotelli
- See ya Suso (A bit upset about this one).
- Buh Bye to Standard Chartered?
- Odegaard to Liverpool almost 100% not happening
- Rumor of the week goes to: Benzema to Liverpool!?
- “Doubt it” Rumor of the week: Sturridge to be ready for Chelsea matchup
- Crystal Palace looking at Lambert to help their striker situation.
Upcoming Bankroll Contests
- Friday Churchill Downs
- Begins Fri, Sep 20 12:45 PM ET
- Friday Gulfstream Park
- Begins Fri, Sep 20 2:15 PM ET
- Friday German Bundesliga Soccer
- Begins Fri, Sep 20 2:30 PM ET
- Friday Arlington
- Begins Fri, Sep 20 2:35 PM ET
- Friday French Ligue 1 Soccer
- Begins Fri, Sep 20 2:45 PM ET
- Friday Italian Serie A Soccer
- Begins Fri, Sep 20 2:45 PM ET
- Friday English Premier League Soccer
- Begins Fri, Sep 20 3:00 PM ET
$10 a Month Gets You DFS Optimizers, Horse Racing Advanced Stats, and More.
Sign up now and get 7 days free of charge!Learn More
Choose Your Events and Create Your Own Sportsbook for You and Your Friends.
Only $3 to set up, and includes unlimited guests.Learn More
|Air Force Falcons|
|Boise State Broncos|
|Boston Red Sox|
|Tampa Bay Rays|
|Los Angeles Angels|
|St. Louis Cardinals|
|San Francisco Giants|
|Los Angeles Dodgers|
|Toronto Blue Jays|
|New York Yankees|
Go to Scoreboard